Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Firefox memory leak

Has anyone else noticed that FF chews up a lot of memory? Especially my work laptop has this problem because of the minimal amount of memory it has. Here's the problem: FF has a lot of good features and some of htat deservedly require more memory and noone is complaining about it. The real problem is that Google does not seem to be releasing the memory evne when it has finished with it.

I find myself having to kill the firefox process from the task manager a lot on my laptop. Evne when I quit the browser, it holds onto the memory.

Of course, it makes everything else a lot slower.

Now I've searched and searched on the net but couldn't find a way to fix my problem. There are a few blogs explaining how to change the FF config but they haven't solved my problem so far.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Keeping Your Car Running Smoothly: A Guide to Car Servicing in Bracknell

As a driver in Bracknell, you know how important it is to keep your car well-maintained. The unique driving conditions and environmental fac...