Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Liverpool-Besiktas

I had told friends that this would be an easy game for Liverpool but even I didn't think it would be a new record-breaker in the Champions League history.

Although the commentators were bigging up the Liverpool players (even Harry "the donkey" Kewell), I couldn't help myself thinking that Besiktas looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

I knew that the recent defeat by Fenerbahce in the local Istanbul derby would not have helped their preparations. I have also questioned the credentials of the Besiktas coach but I though at least they would be encouraged by their recent win over Liverpool (which is not often in Europe) would fire them up. However, Besiktas didn't turn up on the night. They were not interested in playing football. They didn't care about their pride either.

As a Liverpool fan, I was secretly hoping that we'd lose to Besiktas so that we can focus on the Premier League 100%. To me, and I'm sure to many other fellow Liverpool fans, winning the Premier League is the most important target at the moment. It's heading towards 20 long years since we last won the elusive title.

One thing is for sure that this result is misleading for the team and they're still lacking skill up front. Similar to the Derby victory, this win should be taken with a pinch of salt. No other team is going to be as soulless as Besiktas.

Keeping Your Car Running Smoothly: A Guide to Car Servicing in Bracknell

As a driver in Bracknell, you know how important it is to keep your car well-maintained. The unique driving conditions and environmental fac...