Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Achilles tendon complete rupture

Last week, after warming up and have played football for 20-30 minutes at the training session, I felt that someone had kicked my left calf muscle. I not only felt it on my leg but also heard the thump. When I turned around, there was noone within 6-8 yards of me, and that's when the pain really hit me. I fell to the ground as if I was shot by a sniper.

A couple of other people at the training ground had heard the noise as well, and wondered what had gone wrong.

Anyhow, I thought I had ruptured my calf muscle, and iced it after coming back home. I immediately called my brother for advise, and he told me to keep the ice for 2-3 hours, and then mix some flour, water and oil to apply to the leg when I went to bed. Apparently, the enzymes that the mixture releases helps with the healing process, and takes the pain. But he told me to see someone first thing in the morning.

At the minor injuries, they confirmed my worst nightmare that it was a complete rupture (snap) of the Achilles tendon, which connects your heal to your calf muscle. I knew this would not only be painful but would have a long term recovery period as well.

I knew it would be a nightmare with the baby only 8 weeks away!!!

Rest follows in the next post...

Keeping Your Car Running Smoothly: A Guide to Car Servicing in Bracknell

As a driver in Bracknell, you know how important it is to keep your car well-maintained. The unique driving conditions and environmental fac...